Bellerive

Bellerive, settled in the 1820's, was originally called Kangaroo Point. All roads from the outlying farming districts of Clarence Plains (Rokeby), Coal River (Richmond) and Hollow Tree (Cambridge) converged at the Point and from here goods and people were ferried across the Derwent River. The name was changed to Bellerive, meaning beautiful river bank, in the 1830's.


bellerive walk

Click on Audio ON to hear audio