3 ~ The Old Post Office c1897

Built of local sandstone and it cost £650. Bill Neilson (Premier of Tasmania, 1975-77) was a telegram boy here in the 1940's when his father was the Postmaster. It now houses the Family History Society Library and the Sound Preservation Association Museum.

The Old Post Office

Click on Audio ON to hear audio