5 ~ Natone ~ No. 4 Petchey Street c1863
This gracious house was built for Hobart judge Sir Valentine Fleming. In 1873 it was purchased by James O'May, one of the pioneers of the Bellerive-Hobart ferry service, who added the rear portion. With its fine verandah, original Welsh slate roof and lovely old garden, the property is an important part of the streetscape. It is National Trust classified.
Click on to hear audio