8 ~ St. Chapel of Ease c1852
Was built of local sandstone in 1852 by John Pitfield. It was designed by former convict James Blackburn and consecrated by Bishop Nixon, the first Bishop of Tasmania. Much of the surrounding land was used for the cemetery but today only a handful of pioneer graves remain. The chapel served the district for 50 years and was later used by the local guides and scouts. Restoration was carried out in the 1960's and the 1980's. Today it is the home of the Bellerive Scouts.
Click on to hear audio