13 ~ Victoria Esplanade ~
This stone monument was erected in 1938 to commemorate the centenary of the launching of the first Tasmanian-built vessel to sail for London with colonial produce. John Petchey had many Tasmanian business interests and at one time owned the Highland Lass Hotel in Cambridge Road (since demolished). There is a street named for him in Bellerive.
Click on to hear audio