15 ~ The Clarence Hotel
Built in 1879, is Bellerive's only surviving hotel from the early days. It once had a skittle alley. In 1915 it was the starting point for Connolly's Motors which ran buses to Port Arthur and the east coast. The garage was at the rear of the hotel. A fine display of historical photographs is displayed in the lounge.
Click on to hear audio