7 ~ Queen Street
Originally named Bidassoa Street,it was re-named in 1897 to honour the jubilee of Queen Victoria. It was the main thoroughfare from the terminal to the beach when day-trippers and holiday-makers flocked to Bellerive from the 1860s until the 1920s. Ladies with their parosols, gentlemen with their fishing rods, family groups laden with picnic baskets would make their way down Queen Street to spend a day at the beach.
Click on to hear audio