14 ~ The Villa 1858
Was built in 1858 for Richard Morgan Jnr. The building became the Bellerive Hotel around 1867. It originally had two storeys but a fire in 1939 destroyed a major part of the building. An advertisement in 1919 declared 'Excellent Accommodation, Only the best brands of wine and spirits retailed, All letters and telegrams promptly attended to, Electric light - at one of the healthiest resorts in Southern Tasmania'.
Click on to hear audio